Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Rap Up North?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rap Up North?

    I listen to Country and anything that deals with good ole Rock and Roll. Especially bands like Kiss and AC/DC etc...My wife loves Crap music but I can't stand it when she plays it she wears headphones...I'll stick to the music I like and I know that they are millions out there that hate country and rock and that's ok that why we live in the good ole U.S.A.
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Glory_Days's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 18th, 2003
    Posts
    963
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rap Up North?

    i never said the people are ghetto...cause i like norton folks...i live in norton...i am just saying when i look around sometimes people crack me up and i love the fact people in this area could care less about what people think
    "To be the man, you've got to beat the man."

  3. #13
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rap Up North?

    that is true, people from norton imo are probably the most different people from anyone in this area. Im not really sure what it is, it may be the diversity of the town and like i said, we all live beside each other so we get to know each other really well.

    What part of norton do you live in?

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rap Up North?

    I get what your saying tob, she probably listens to that stuff thats painful to the ears....you really gotta dig deep to find the hidden gems.

    Theres alot of different types of country too, Hank Jr and Garth Brooks are at two different edges of the spectrum if you ask me(maybe not, but i dont know enough about country music to know any different).....thats the way rap is, there is a hank jr and there is a garth brooks.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rap Up North?

    Norton ghetto?!? I remember growing in ramsey/sawmill and thinking that place was ghetto, lol. Another thing that always got to me was being called thugs. You would always hear people say "them bunch thugs from norton" or "all norton is a bunch thugs". What makes us thugs? I heard it alot when I was in highschool. I guess other schools thought all we did was listen to gangsta rap and steal old lady purses. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    As for the rap music. I used to like listening to DMX, Ice Cube, 2pac and Christopher Wallace (Notorious BIG). But I don't listen to hardly any rap now. But there is a new artist by the Pitbull that is pretty good. I mean I'm going to go out and buy his cd, but I think its pretty good. I guess I am the type of person that if I am with someone and they wanted to listen to rap, jazz, country, or whatever then I am cool with. But like I said it doesn't I'm going to go out and buy it.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  6. #16
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rap Up North?

    maybe i overly analyze it, but race just about has to come into play with the perception of norton....before me or you were ever born shoe, we had a group of black ball players that were going out on the court and smashing other teams and talking trash(im sure) so that ghetto perception probably grew out of things like that....After all, there were very few black people at any other school so it was just natural to look at norton that way....Have you ever heard of the coal classic banning? Anyway, a few of the ball players(i think jay coleman was one) were having some fun with a food fight, someone hit someone in the face with a pie or cake and it turned into a maylee in the hospitality room and norton ended up getting banned from the tournament and we havent been back since. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member shawtylici0us's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2004
    Posts
    61
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rap Up North?

    LMAO* Norton or any place around here is NOT ghetto. You want to see a ghetto you need to go to Georgia and make a few wrong turns LoL* And to be honest with you I would *MUCH* rather live in an aparment around here (which you guys called housing projects and are far from it) Then live in a trashy trailer park. I have seen FAR more skanky white people then I have EVER saw african american.

    Another thing....about the 'crap' music. I would much rather here rap music then some of the crazy 'devil' worshipping music around. Where they scream and they are supposedly saying something. Also like someone said in a previous post. There ARE diff types of rap music. It humors me when I listen to my 'R&B' music (Anthony Hamilton, Avant, etc.) and people call it rap around here. Talk about sheltered haha*

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rap Up North?

    I never heard about the coal classic banning. But that is crazy haha. But it is sad to think that an area has to be judge by a certian race. I guess that will never change though.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  9. #19
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rap Up North?

    I agree with everything you just said, you make alot of sense on every account.....


    yeah shoe, it was silly man, norton had been invited back after that, but wilson declined to bring em back because he held a real grudge against the tournament for kicking them out in the first place.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member sic's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    549
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Rap Up North?

    Just because you don't know what they're saying doesn't give you the right to criticize it. I'm sure a lot of the metal I listen to has a lot more meaning to it than most rap music. I do like some rap music but after hearing about your Escalade and 24 inch rims every song it just kinda gets old.
    [img]http://www.darkphotography.net/Media/Bands/Cradle%20Of%20Filth/CradleLogo_Roll.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •